|Place of Origin:||china|
|Minimum Order Quantity:||1|
|Delivery Time:||5-10 work days|
|Payment Terms:||L/C, D/A, D/P, T/T|
|Current Draw:||0.65A||Air Flow:||660m³/h|
industrial centrifugal blower,
centrifugal fans and blowers
Medical Instrument 175mm EC Centrifugal Fans With Clean Bench Fan
1. EC is easy
Permanent magnet motors running on high voltage direct current (DC) electricity with built in AC to DC conversion allowing them to run direct from single phase or three phase mains supplies. There are several suppliers of such motors
2. What’s so special about an EC fan?
2.1 EC fans are generally recognised as being the latest thing in energy efficient air movement technology, but what is an EC fan and what makes it so special?
Although OFAN, the market leader in EC technology, is a China company, EC has nothing to do with the Asia Community! In this case, EC stands for Electronically Commutated which basically means it is a fan with a brushless DC motor
3. Control options
To control the motor accurately and efficiently the integrated electronics have to continuously monitor the motor speed and adjust the control input. By making this circuitry available to external sources it’s possible to provide simple speed control options. Dependent on the motor type, any sensor which can provide a 0-10V/PWM or 4-20mA input can be directly connected to provide closed loop control for temperature, pressure or whatever parameter you choose to measure. No need to worry about DC supplies for the sensors either, this is provided by another connection on the motor. In fact, simply connect a potentiometer and you have infinitely variable speed control. No triacs, no frequency inverters and no whining noises! An EC motor under speed control is virtually silent.
4. How does this affect energy efficiency?
Doubling the speed of a motor increases its power input by a factor of 8 so it’s very wasteful to run a fan faster than is required. If you can tailor the fan speed to match the demand, the potential for energy saving is huge. Even when compared to on/off operation, EC speed modulation is much more efficient.
EC fans can also contribute to increasing the overall efficiency of an application. In a cooling system for example, keeping the refrigerant pressure constant rather than having it rise and fall as fans switch on and off has been found to reduce the load on the compressor resulting in even greater energy saving
5. Advantages of GreenTech EC technology
5.1 Tremendous energy savings of 30 % on average
5.2 Future-proof and ready for ErP2015
5.3 tntelligent electronics for numerous control functions
5.4 Hardware and software from a single source
5.5 Easy 1:1 replacement from AC technology to GreenTech EC technology
5.6 Can be used worldwide (due to wide voltage input)
5.7 Over 10 years of experience in the area of EC technology
5.8 GreenTech as implemented purchase proposition
6. Six reasons that make us the ideal partner:
6.1 Our systems expertise. As experts in advanced motor technology, electronics and aerodynamics, we provide system solutions from a single source.
6.2 Our spirit of invention. Our 60 engineers and technicians will develop a solution that precisely fits your needs.
6.3 Our lead in technology. Our OFAN EC technology is setting standards worldwide. And our lead is your competitive advantage.
6.4 Proximity to our customers. At 20 sales offices worldwide.
6.5 Our standard of quality. Our quality management is uncompromising, at every step in every process.
6.6 Our sustainable approach. We assume responsibility with our energy-saving products, environmentally-friendly processes, and social commitment
7. AC motors are designed to operate at a certain point on their performance curve which coincides with their peak efficiency. Either side of this operating point, the efficiency can drop off considerably. EC motors on the other hand have an almost flat efficiency curve which varies relatively little across the speed range, a range which is not limited by synchronous speeds or as susceptible to voltage fluctuations as an AC motor. This makes the EC fan much more flexible in terms of being able to use the same product to match the performance requirements of different applications while still benefitting from increased efficiency.
8. The available range of AC input EC fans is expanding all of the time. There are axial and centrifugal fans, forward curved and backward curved, single inlet and double inlet, single phase and three phase and they are often directly interchangeable with their AC equivalents. EC offers the OEM more than just energy-efficiency. It is an opportunity to bring new technology and functionality to their products. With ever-increasing demand for energy efficient systems, when it comes to fan based products, there’s no reason for manufacturers not to have any in their portfolio.
Contact Person: Mr. Walter Chen